In this week's episode of The IoClothes Podcast, we welcome Mike Burrows, Global Venture Leader at DuPont to The IoClothes Podcast. DuPont is well-known for being a world leader in material and chemical products. They're famous for developing products like neoprene, nylon, Teflon, Mylar, Kapton, Kevlar, Nomex, Tyvek, Lycra and much more. Today, we talk about a new technology for them, Intexar. Intexar, is a revolutionary electronic ink and film that seamlessly transforms fabric into smart clothing for multiple applications.
- Around 2012, DuPont started investing time and resources into figuring out ways to replace wires with stretchable electronics. Making it more practical and possible to have a robust, effective and washable garment with embedded electronics.
- Given the scale and resource of DuPont, it has the infrastructure to support global scale if the market needs so required.
- DuPont's is utilizing a well-known process in both the textiles and electronics world for inks application: screen-printing. It offers high-throughput and established processes, thus reducing risk for potential customers.
- The stretchable electronics team is open to working with innovator that have just an idea or not idea to a sophisticated product experience as long as it aligns with their strategic vision.
- Those that have the expertise hold a very critical role in the finishing process of the product. They provide a critical step in realize the full potential of materials and a final product.
- Don't view adding intelligence to your product like a "bold on". View it as an integral part of the value offering and be open bringing in unorthodox partners, and be prepare to make an investment.
- Crystal ball question: In 3-5 years, compelling use-cases will be presented. The opportunity to be understand ourselves and our bodies with smart clothing will offer unprecedented insight into ways to live healthier lives.
For more information on DuPont's Intexar, head over to their website at electronicmaterials.dupont.com/intexar.
Support for this episode is brought to you by SKIIN. The world's most advanced textile computing platform. For more information, check out https://www.skiin.com, and reserve your set today!
For more on the podcast and the rapidly growing community we're building at IoClothes, check us out at www.ioclothes.com.
You can subscribe to the podcast on:
Copyright © 2017-2018 IoClothes Consulting LLC. All Rights Reserved. Disclaimer: The information contained in this podcast is for general information purposes only. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage derived from the information provided.
This podcast is powered by ZenCast.fm